The Horus Heresy: Betrayal at Calth
It is the 31st Millennium. The galaxy is aflame.
Enlightenment and knowledge are sundered; the Age of Darkness has begun in earnest. The EmperorÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂs glorious vision for humanity lies in ruins as his favoured son, Horus, has rejected his fatherÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂs light and embraced the corrupting tendrils of Chaos. Civil war has broken out amongst the Space Marines - once brothers, fighting side by side as the galaxyÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂs protectors, they are now a force divided. Some remain loyal to the Emperor, others have sided with the Warmaster. Nothing is certain, everything is at stake, and the Imperium is split down the middleÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¦
The Horus Heresy: Betrayal At Calth is a fantastic standalone boxed game of claustrophobic tunnel combat, set during the Word BearersÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ invasion of the Ultramarine world of Calth. Emphasising fast-paced squad-based combat during six exciting missions, it allows players to choose their side and command a force of beautifully detailed Citadel miniatures in a brutal war for survival, during one of the iconic battles of the Horus Heresy.
Inside the box, youÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂll find:
An impressive selection of detailed Citadel miniatures, including;
- A Captain in Terminator Armour and a Dark Apostle;
- A Contemptor Dreadnought, armed with a choice of multi-melta or twin assault cannon;
- Five Cataphractii Terminators, with weapon options including combi bolters, power fists, lightning claws, chain fists, power swords, heavy flamers and grenade harnesses;
- Thirty Legion Tactical Space Marines in MK4 armour, with a huge selection of weapons and custom features, including bolters, missile launchers, heavy bolters, chainswords, power swords, power fists, plasma pistols, lightning claw blades, combi flamer, melta and plasma guns, a melta bomb and a set of combat blades! These miniatures also include ammo packs, holstered bolt pistols and a selection of frag and krak grenades.
- Four double-sided boards, beautifully printed on thick card stock, representing the caverns under Calth where the desperate struggle between the Ultramarines and Word Bearers took place;
- A forty-eight page book, featuring an introduction to the battle on Calth, comprehensive rules and scenarios for playing the game, an overview of the Word Bearers and Ultramarines legions and a showcase of the included miniatures;
- Forty-two command and reference cards, used to introduce effects and events into the game;
- Twelve dice and an array of markers used in-game.
The included miniatures can be painted to represent any Space Marine chapter with any weapon combination you like - youÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂre not bound by the game at all! This is truly an exciting box game - get involved in the cataclysmic events that almost destroyed the Imperium and set the galaxy on its course of decay.